1) What should media buyers be screening for when choosing a retargeting company to work with? And why should they “tango with Chango”?
- Fully-managed solutions (clients services and most importantly optimization managers). Campaigns don’t run by themselves.
- Transparency and performance.
- Access to search data and ability to make sense of 1st party data from the client.
2) When Facebook Exchange (FBX) launched last summer, it was touted as “the next big thing since search for advertisers”. A year later, how massive is the retargeting opportunity on FBX?
We recently released our bi-annual retargeting barometer and have found that more than half of marketers surveyed plan to increase FBX budgets. In fact, 60% said they would increase their retargeting budgets on FBX in the next six months, compared with 38% who said they would stay the same and 2% who would decrease budgets. With the recent ability to target users in their News Feed, there’s no better time to experiment with FBX.
3) As retargeting continues to evolve, what industry trend are you most excited about?
4) How is the surge in growth of smartphone/tablet traffic affecting retargeting strategies for marketers and agencies?
Mobile is fascinating but remains a challenge for retargeting companies. Cookie sync is tough to do in a mobile environment and true RTB enabled mobile inventory isn’t widely available right now.
5) Do you think competitive intelligence tools like WRW can compliment a retargeting campaign to lift ROI?
Absolutely. Retargeting is getting more competitive and complex. Media buyers need to make full use of competitive intelligence tools to make smart decisions. There’s so much retargeting vendors can do. Knowing what competitors buy and where, can only help.